Lead: Barney Parker, firstname.lastname@example.org
Group members: 6
Length of agreement: 3
Area of group (Hectares): 10,182
The area covers two NCAs: Southern Lincolnshire Edge and the Fens. The following priorities have been identified and will be delivered by the group members:
1. Maintenance and / or restoration of floodplain grazing marsh, lowland calcareous grassland, lowland meadows, ancient and native woodland and arable field margins. (Synergies with 5. and 6.)
2. Maintenance of Potterhanworth Wood SSSI.
3. Land management options and capital works to benefit priority bird species.
4. The wild pollinator and farm wildlife package by retaining and extending nectar flower mixes, enhancing existing field corners and margins by slot seeding wild flowers, the provision of winter bird food through wild bird seed mixes and overwintered stubbles, managing hedgerows and the creation of skylark plots.
5. Reducing flood risk by reducing the amount and rate of surface water runoff to the Carr Dyke, Delphs and Scopwick Beck.
6. Reducing the amount of nitrate entering the Lincolnshire Limestone to the west of the area. This area is significant as it has the potential to impact groundwater quality, which in turn poses a particular risk to public water supply boreholes.
7. Retaining and enhancing Scheduled Monuments and other above and below ground archaeological features.
8. Management of existing priority woodlands and possible establishment of new. (Depending on placement this has synergies with 5. and 6.)
9. Maintenance of the key landscape features for the NCAs; hedgerows, hedgerow trees, field margins, permanent grassland, permanent pasture and stone walls. (Synergies with 5. and 6.)