- Ref: CSFF010005
- Lead: Douglas Phillips, email@example.com
- Group members: 32
- Length of agreement: 3
- Area of group (Hectares): 7851
Focusing specifically on measures that will:
- Increase riparian and wet woodland
- Reduce agricultural diffuse pollution
- Connect habitats through woodland and hedgerow planting
- Reduce sediment movement into waterways
- Improve water quality
- Improve flood management through natural flood management techniques
Delivering in the Tyne catchment and educating group members in the importance of riparian and wet woodland use in the reduction of sediment movement, and as a slow the flow technique of natural flood management.
Delivery of woodland schemes involving whole river corridors, having a beneficial effect on water quality but also creating and connecting habitats
allowing wildlife interaction, rather than habitats that are in isolation.