Lead Farmer: Cath Mason
Protect and enhance the landscape, habitats and biodiversity of the area we occupy on Cranborne Chase.
Priority habitats include lowland calcareous grasslands and meadows, arable field margins, ancient and native woodland, and riparian habitats associated with the priority rivers of the Allen and the Tarrant Valleys.
- Monitoring and protecting hare populations
- Monitoring and protecting hedgehog populations
- Farmland birds including Corn Buntings, Nightingales, English Partridge and Barn Owls
- Invertebrate populations
- Soil health, soil organic matter and soil carbon sequestration
- Rare arable plant species
- Invasive species such as Himalayan Balsam and Giant Hogweed in the rivers