Save the Date: 16th November
2021 Farmer Group Forum: Maximising the benefits of landscape-scale farmer-led collaboration
Farmer group advisers have been working with the team at Land Management 2.0 to develop an event which will bring together facilitators and other advisers from across the country to share experiences and learn from one another. Building on the success of the Farmer Cluster Conferences hosted by GWCT in 2017 and 2018, and the first Farmer Group Forum on the Marlborough Downs in 2019, the 2021 event will be held at Honeydale Farm, home of FarmED, the Centre for Farm and Food Education in the Cotswolds. You can register your interest here.
Though the full programme is yet to be finalised, there will be a strong focus on peer learning, and interactive group activities will feature case studies to explore relevant themes such as:
• Connecting and sharing – within groups, between groups, and with wider audiences
• Strategy and policy updates – emerging opportunities from public and private sectors, and group involvement in pilot projects
• Monitoring and evaluation – what does success look like, and how might we resource/outsource M&E?
• Group structure, governance, and funding – different ways to set up and manage farmer-led groups
• Developing new skills – what skills do farmer group advisers need, what training is available, where are the gaps, and how can we fill them?
As well as a series of discussion groups, there will be ample opportunity for informal networking, and to start the conversations flowing we hope that each attendee will consider bringing a poster, pop-up banner or similar to illustrate some of their own group’s achievements.
To register your interest in this event and help us to ensure we cover the most relevant and popular topics, please follow this link.